Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankfull







Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone had a happy 4 day weekend! I celebrated with my family at home over ham, lobster and crab for dinner. Then headed out to Vegas over the weekend. Driving back on Sunday night was NOT fun being stuck in traffic for 6 hours!

So this dress was originally my mom's top that she didn't wear anymore so she gave it to me. When I first tried it on, it was really puffy and long so I thought adding a waist belt to it would be perfect to turn it into a dress. My mom was surprised at how great it looks! She bought it for about $10 in Taiwan. I wouldn't recommend wearing this waist belt during a big Thanksgiving dinner though. I added a pair of dark grey stalkings because it was a bit chilly at night.

I've been eyeing this hair cuff for quite some time at H&M, but was always reluctant to purchase it because I wasn't sure how it would look on me. But recently H&M had a BOGO Free sale on their accessories so I thought it would be a nice time to try it since it was relatively cheap. I think it looks pretty unique and cool.

Top: $10 Taiwan
Belt: Chicks and Blokes $5.95
Earrings: Forever 21 $4.80
Hair tie: $3.95 BOGO Free




8 comments:

  1. Very cute makeover! I hear you on the traffic but at least you had a great time with family!

    Smile On:)...Classy Pam

    http://classypam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! I love the earrings :)
    New follower here btw :)

    http://andreadxo.blogspot.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy late thanksgiving! love the layered top :)

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute hun!
    Great style!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your earrings are so pretty!!

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete